This is Assignment 1, please keep in mind that all 4 assignments are related so please follow the information you will be using in this assignment. Please include all references and sources APA style, 0% Plagiarism. This assignment is due on March 28th 6 days from now. Thanks
This assignment is divided into four parts.
In Modules 1 and 2 you were introduced to some key elements of an international marketing plan, including economic, cultural, political, and legal variables. In this assignment you will integrate and apply the concepts you have learned so far. The assignment will also provide you with the opportunity to develop and apply research and critical-thinking skills and to analyze these variables within the context of the international marketing task model introduced in Module 1. The information from this assignment forms the first section of your international marketing plan, the Country Profile.
The writing in the non-graded activities from the course modules will form the basis for your assignments. This assignment consists of writing a report introducing your chosen country and the product or service you intend to market. You will also examine aspects of the social, cultural, economic, political, and legal environments that are relevant for the marketing of your chosen product in your country of choice.
Write an 12 page report (excludes cover page and list of references) using double-spaced, 12-point Times Roman font as per the following parameters:
Part I: Introduction (20 marks)
- Introduce the country of your choice, mentioning the countryâ€™s relevant history, geography, living conditions, and language. Clearly state the reasons for choosing that country and write a brief description of the product or service you will be working on in the course assignments.
Part II: Economic Analysis (20 marks)
- Discuss population trends in the host country, worker shortage, and immigration.
- Analyze economic statistics (e.g., GDP, per-capita income, international trade statistics, and balance of payments). Discuss communication infrastructures.
- Discuss possible government restrictions (i.e., protectionism), tariffs, and nontariff barriers that might affect your product or service category.
Part III: Social and Cultural Analysis (25 marks)
- Describe social institutions and social groups (e.g., family, social classes, relevant lifestyles, and prominent religions).
- Discuss the role of education on the consumer behavior of your target market.
- Describe relevant local management styles and business customs (e.g., types of clothes worn at work, business ethics, time management, and negotiation styles).
- Compare Hofstedeâ€™s cultural dimensions of Canada and the host country.
Part IV: Political/Legal Analysis (25 marks)
- Discuss the political environment, and identify issues that you must consider to assess political risk and reduce political vulnerability. Does the host government facilitate trade, or is it reluctant to engage in trade?
- Briefly describe the legal system of the market you wish to enter, and discuss its relevance to your task as an international marketer.
- Briefly discuss two possibilities of international dispute resolution between trade partners available for your company in the country of choice.
- Discuss the most important differences and similarities between Canada and your country of choice in terms of the political and legal environment.