Assignment: Applying Theories and Models to Educational Interventions for Target Populations
Creating educational interventions to help improve the overall health of a target population is an essential skill for public health and health education professionals. Intervening in peoplesâ€™ lives to positively impact their health and well-being can also be rewarding. However, it is essential that the creation of educational interventions is done using the appropriate tools and skills and that you carefully select and apply theories and models to attain the best results possible.
For this Assignment, you will use the Theory of Reasoned Action/Planned Behavior to design an educational plan to counter a trend within your selected topic related to your assigned target.
- Download the Topics document found in your Learning Resources and select a topic from the list.
- Review the Learning Resources.
- Your Instructor will assign you a target population to focus on for this Assignment.
Submit a 3- to 4-page paper (not including title page and references) that includes the following:
Using the Theory of Reasoned Action/Planned Behavior, design an educational plan to counter a trend within your assigned target population related to your selected topic.
Within your educational plan, be sure to respond to the following questions:
- What are the beliefs (list) of the target regarding the topic?
- What are the evaluations of those beliefs (identify list as important/not important)?
- What are the beliefs of the target population (subjective norm)?
- Are the targets capable and confident to complete behavior (Perceived Behavioral Control)?
Note: These constructs will help you to identify the â€œbehavioral intentionâ€ of the target for the topic. The greater the behavioral intention, the greater the potential for engaging in the behavior.
Cite the sources in your text, wherever you referred to them.
Include an APA formatted reference list.
Support your work with specific citations from this weekâ€™s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct.