In Week Two, you recommended a word processing application for a small company using multiple types of computer and operating systems.
As a reminder, you are the IT manager for the company. When the company started, employees were allowed to purchase and set up their own systems. The result was that most employees use PCs with MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ®. However, there are a few Mac users and one Linux user.
This week, you are challenged with creating an organization-wide information security proposal for the company to implement. The company is growing quickly; both in customers and employees. The company holds confidential and proprietary customer information. While leadership is aware of their responsibility to protect the data, the company culture has always been egalitarian with minimal top-down interference.
Create an information security proposal for the leadership that addresses the following key points:
- A brief overview of information security and how a breach could affect the company
- Benefits of a strong company security posture
- Proposed security policies and procedures
- Uses of built-in operating system tools
- User account profiles and permissions
- Identification of user profile types, including administrative
- File structure and access
- Use of security logs
- Listing of required organization policies and individual user legal documentation
Present your recommendation in one of the following ways:
- A 2 page MicrosoftÂ® Word document
- A 12- to 15-slide MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentation with detailed speaker notes and appropriate animations
Note: You can include diagrams developed with MicrosoftÂ® VisioÂ®, MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ®, or another software application approved by your Instructor if you feel it will enhance your proposal.